Saturday, April 2, 2016

This Ad is an Impasta!


*Warning: this blog post contains a cheesy (yet genius) pasta pun product*

Today, I went back to the drawing board and brainstormed what type of advertisement I should put in my magazine. As mentioned in my post, The Layouts They Are a-Changin’, the advertisement will appear on the left-hand page of the two-page spread; while, the Compass of Compass will appear on the right-hand page of the two-page spread. I went back to my beloved app, called Pinterest, as well as flipped through a few Time magazines, and looked at some more advertisements. In my post, Ads! Read All About It!, I had looked at a variety of ads and was not truly sure which path I should take in terms of the product that would be advertised; however, since then, I decided to stick with my original gut feeling to create an ad for some sort of food product because it is a subject that works well with my target audience and fits with the tone of my magazine. Out of all the ads I looked at, these are my top three favorites that I truly loved and inspired me to create a similar ad, in terms of style and food subject:




Having a set subject in mind, I found the process in which I developed my advertisement to be easier. Of course, I did face some difficulty in finalizing my advertisement, but I just followed the advice given by one of my commenters (shout-out to Shelbie), in which she stated, “I would recommend taking a step back and looking at your magazine as a whole to help in brainstorming what your ad should be. I think having this broad overview of your entire work will help tremendously in envisioning the perfect ad.” So, I did just that, and roughly sketched out a few ideas: 



I started out with coming with cookie ads and included the same ad concept as the McDonald’s fries ad, but when I came up with the last design (the one that is starred and was inspired by Barilla’s pasta ad), I became greatly attached to it, in which I had even came up with lines to put with the visual. I felt like the look of my pasta ad correlates with my magazine’s sleek and professional theme, appeals to my target audience, and mimics the style of my favorite food ads. Here is a closer look of the ad:



So, the brand for my advertisement is called Impasta, and their product is pasta (in this case, they are advertising their bowtie pasta). For their logo, I plan to make the oval outline red, the inside of the oval white, and the font color red (or black, depends on how it looks when I complete this on Adobe Illustrator). Ideally, the model will be wearing a black collared shirt and standing in front of a red background. Within the pocket, I will neatly place a napkin as it cleverly takes the place of a handkerchief. For the short line at the bottom of the ad, I will make the phrase, “Italian taste,” in a white Lucida Calligraphy font, and the phrase, “American made,” in a white Arial font. I think that it will look awesome and I am excited to continue creating my magazine as it is all starting to come together as one! 



Work Cited

Daniella. "Creative Doodles Completed with McDonald's Food." Fubiz.com. Fubiz, 23 Dec. 2015. Web. 2 Apr. 2016.  
 
Nelson, Daniel. "Food Ads." From Up North. From Up North., 24 Mar. 2011. Web. 2 Apr. 2016. 

"Pepperidge Farm Advertisement." Time Magazine 7 March 2016: 2. Print. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment