Thursday, April 7, 2016

Houston, We Have a Magazine!


I cannot believe that this is my last post before I release my full magazine and creative critical reflection (and yes, this is my actual last post and not an April fools joke). Do not worry though, I will leave all of the sappy and cheesy farewells when I post my final works; right now, I will just be giving my final update.

I photographed, edited, and created my advertisement and I think it looks so nice. I love it so much! Take a look:  
It makes me so happy just looking at it! Not only does the advertisement embody creativity in its “punny” brand name and layout, but it also appeals to my target audience due to the advertisement’s simplicity and appearance. Even more so, the advertisement compliments the Compass of Contents quite well, especially because of the juxtaposition between the two pages since the advertisement is big, simple, and in black and white (with a hint of yellow); while, the Compass of Contents has many small and different details as well as contains a variety of colors among all of the photographs and layout. (BONUS: This was unintentional and I had not noticed this before, but readers can place their face above the ad, where the neck is, and make it look like they are wearing a suit with a bowtie pasta bow tie.)


So, now I have the cover done as well as the advertisement and Compass of Contents two-page spread. All I have left to finish up for my magazine is putting together the two-page spread that has the article (which is also done). The direction I am currently moving towards is a look such as this:




With this photograph as the background, I will split up the content into three columns and scatter other photographs around. I am thinking of placing the title about halfway down from the top of the left-hand page, in which a picture of the Cypress Bay robotics team with their robots is placed above the title. I think it will come together amazingly and, as a whole, my magazine will be awesome!

As for my Creative Critical Reflection, I am working to come up with my questions so that they meet the guidelines of the rubric; however, at the same time, I am putting most of my efforts in finishing up the magazine, so that I can answer and create an appropriate reflection on my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment